ZERO WASTE PROGRAM
Zero waste is becoming an essential part of doing business, as consumers demand companies act to reduce waste and their impacts on the environment.
Zero waste aims to keep 90% of all waste a company generates out of the landfill by reducing, reusing, and recycling. Our program helps clients determine which waste materials can be kept out of the landfill, partner with cost-effective waste management vendors, and train staff on how to properly dispose of waste materials.
Our approach helps clients achieve zero waste and trains them on how to track, maintain, and communicate zero waste program accomplishments.
WHY DEVELOP A ZERO WASTE PROGRAM?
• Make progress toward preferred supplier status
• Reduce costs and environmental impact of waste
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Market sustainable waste practices to buyers and consumers
• Build a culture of sustainability and become a more sustainable company
Measure to Improve (MTI’s) Zero Waste Program will guide clients in establishing a Zero Waste Program by providing the tools, resources, and training to confidently manage waste. With clients, MTI will evaluate current waste management operations and discover new ways to reduce waste generation, recycle more material generated, and partner with vendors to give unused material a second life. We will help establish an internal culture of sustainability to manage program processes and data, achieve zero waste, and tell a sustainability story to stakeholders and the public.
WHAT WE DELIVER
After about 10 months, clients will have a functional Zero Waste Program consisting of a Green Team, a source separation program, and a data and program monitoring system. If desired, MTI can support clients in achieving TRUE Zero Waste Certification, which will take an additional 8-14 months.
• A successful waste management program with established waste material streams and cost-effective vendors
• Data collection and monitoring system, which can be leveraged for marketing and reporting to buyer surveys
• A Green Team trained on how to continuously maintain the Zero Waste Program
• If applicable, TRUE Zero Waste Certification support
about our Core Programs and Services
Our Sustainability Certification Support program guides clients through every step to achieving certification - from selecting the right standard to preparing documentation to completing an audit. Using custom tools and templates and leveraging our team of experts, clients can feel confident this program will help them exceed the certification's requirements and maintain their certification year on year.